Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Where can I get some good advice for my future?

I am looking for someone, or a service, who can help me decide my future. I am 20 years old and attend university with no clue of what I want to do with my life. I feel the course I am doing now is the wrong choice and that I would be better off doing something else with my life... whether it is at university at not, I do no know either.





So yeah, if anyone could help me by pointing me in the direction of someone I can talk to, it would be much appreciated.





Thanks in advance to everyone who replies.Where can I get some good advice for my future?
Generally, I think it best to talk to the people we already know and admire. What about parents, grandparents, neighbours, friends' parents?


Who do you know who is content? How did they decide what to do...how did they get there?


Wise advice can come from unusual places so start talking to people and asking questions.


If your school has a counselor (most do I think) that would be a good place to begin.


Don't worry too much, though. You are young and will likely change direction several times in your life and be surprised by at least one of those directions. Some people know what they want to do, other's don't...it's OK. You'll figure it out.


Another good way to get experiences that you can use is to sign up with a temporary staffing company or two. They supply workers to companies who have projects or illnesses and need help getting work done but cannot afford to hire a permanent employee. It's a great way to use your current knowledge and gain more as well as getting a good look into the way various companies operate.


Remember, though, it's OK to be unsure at this time in your life. Take advantage of every opportunity, work hard and always do your best and keep asking yourself 'what do I like to do'? Nobody likes 100% of their job...you're very lucky if you like 50% of what you do so don't hold out for perfection.


The most important thing is to keep looking and keep working.


Best of luck to you!Where can I get some good advice for my future?
your school should offer career counseling - my son went to Duquesne and started as an education major - changed after 3 semesters to business - than after his 4th semester realized he didn't want to major in business - after I made it clear that he needed to focus on a direction he went to the school's career counseling folks who provided him with tests that indicated what he was best suited for


in his case - he was best suited for ';social science'; so he majored in criminal justice and is now a probation officer -





good luck
Look in the mirror ask the questions you want to ask and be true to yourself.





Otherwise deside on what you want to do and aim for that
well all i can say is what do u enjoy in life doing because only u know what u want nobody can run your life for you

No comments:

Post a Comment