Saturday, July 31, 2010

Any advice to get the baby to move on an ultrasound?

I have a doctors appointment in about an hour and I get to find out the sex. But I was wondering if anyone had any tricks to get the baby to move so that way I can get a good picture?


Any tips or advice please!


Thanks!Any advice to get the baby to move on an ultrasound?
ORANGE JUICE will get it moving! Don't drink anything dark like coffee...it makes it look cloudy. GOOD LUCK!Any advice to get the baby to move on an ultrasound?
Lol, I just found out about my daughter and I was given so much advice! Here's some to make your little one move around:





-Drink a soda or OJ before you go


-Eating a candy bar doesn't hurt either


-Drink lots of water and try not to go to the bathroom (your bladder pushes the baby up near the uterine wall closer to the ultrasound wand)


-Press on your stomach where you think he/she is and he/she will move to respond to the pressure.





Otherwise, the ultrasound tech will poke and prod and try to get the baby to move that way. Not painful, but definitely not the most comfortable thing you will ever do.
Eating something sweet or drink some caffeine. I wasn't even thinking about this when I had my 20 week ultrasound and I drank a Sierra Mist beforehand...she was moving all over the place! She flipped completely over 3 times! But she's just a pretty active little one. =)





Good luck and don't worry about them not being able to see. I was concerned too, but my tech was able to tell immediately and I have heard that even if it's difficult at first, most techs will keep trying until they figure it out.
Hey there :) I have a baby boy due in September. Congratulations! Read this article:





http://www.ehow.com/how_5084380_prepare-鈥?/a>





It tells you how to get your baby moving for the ultrasound! Good luck!
yes make sure to eat about 10 minutes before you go in...like a cookie or something sweet. My ultrasound tech told me that and gave me a cookie to get my daughter to move.
lol. drink mountain dew or sweet tea. i had that for lunch before one of my ultra sounds and he would not stay still. he was active through the whole thing. the doc had a hard time measuring him.

No comments:

Post a Comment