Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can I get some advice on majors and minors in college?

I just started this year and I'm choosing to major in Elementary Education. I like art because it's fun. I wanted to do business because I would like to open a small business one day.





What should I minor in?


And what is a minor exactly? Like, a certificate?Can I get some advice on majors and minors in college?
A minor is a set of courses centered around one field/subject and are generally 15 to 21 credits and it will be listed on your transcript.








Minors can be used to supplement a major by adding another concentration/focus/specialty or can be taken purely for fun since many majors require elective credits anyway.








In regards to which minor to choose, either one can work. Although as a business major, I am bias towards the business minor.Can I get some advice on majors and minors in college?
You could try double minoring in Art and Business. But if you are going into teaching it seems like minoring in Art would make the most sense.





A normal minor is just like a major only fewer classes are required. There are some minors that are like certificates as well, mostly for the more technical and computer related fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment