Saturday, July 31, 2010

Can I get some advice on obtaining a master's degree?

I graduated college with a BS in Mathematics and I am now a secondary math teacher and loving it. I would now like to start a master's program and I am lost. I don't know what I should do or what any master's programs involve. I have thought/heard about a master's in mathematics or a masters in technology. Any suggestions?Can I get some advice on obtaining a master's degree?
I know you didn't exactly say this, but I have to support your decision to stay away from a master's in education. Definitely get a master's in your field or a related field (mathematics, technology, statistics, computer science) rather than education. If you decide to leave teaching, you will have a master's that actually applies to the rest of the world.





Look into grad programs at nearby schools. Evaluate each one to determine which programs best meet your needs. Then, apply to them. Also, look into your school district protocols for who pays for the degree. Often, employers will pay for your degree. You'll also get a nice salary boost.





You can talk to other math teachers in your school or email some of your favorite college professors for guidance.Can I get some advice on obtaining a master's degree?
Sounds like you want to continue teaching. If thats the case- you will want to get a Masters of Arts in Teaching or Masters in Education, unless you want to get an additional endorsement (now is a good time for that because you can get the masters with teaching license recommendation). You can get either of them online if you wish- thats what I did. Otherwise, they have many programs in the evening/weekend out there- probably any of the local bigger schools will have a program in that. You district may offer tuition help too.
  • revlon colorstay
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment