Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can I please get some advice on what to do about my deppresseion affecting other people?

Its not new to me, Iv had it for years but I really cant keep it to myself like I used to. People are always mad at me because I appearently am always being down towards them and im never happy about things. I just want any tips or tricks about ways to keep it hidden again. I feel like im losing everybody =/Can I please get some advice on what to do about my deppresseion affecting other people?
Hello there, first of all are you getting medical treatment for your depression? If not, you should. Second, if the people in your life care about you then they won't get at you for talking to them about your depression, they should be helping you. A good supportive network is crucial with depression, try to eliminate people who make you feel worse about yourself and surround yourself with only supportive, loving, caring people.


Good luckCan I please get some advice on what to do about my deppresseion affecting other people?
My best friend suffers from PTSD. Depression is difficult for all of your loved ones, because they care deeply for you and do not like to see you suffer. I don't know if you have one, but get a therapy light. Eat right, exercise, get 8 hours of sleep a day and hang around positive people. Try to look at things brighter. Remember that the glass is half-full. If you need a hug, ask for one. Don't smoke and don't drink, they will depress you. Enjoy the good and important things in life. Pray to God for joy. Life is too short to be miserable. Smile often, laugh often, build up those endorphins :)
I've always been open about my condition (ptsd and emotional instability) and most people respond with empathy and understanding. In your case, it seems that people are expecting too much of you and you should tell them that you really need them to be there while you're down. If they walk away, they weren't really a good friend to start with...

No comments:

Post a Comment