Saturday, July 31, 2010

Can I talk to a lawyer and get legal advice for free?

Can I just open the yellow pages and talk to a lawyer?Can I talk to a lawyer and get legal advice for free?
Why would you? can I open the yellow pages and get a plumber to fix my pipes or a dentist to do my teeth for free? You want free, you need to apply for legal aid.Can I talk to a lawyer and get legal advice for free?
Yes
It depends if the lawyer is willing to listen. If you have a clear cut personal injury matter where another person is legally liable for your damages, he will be happy to listen to you. The legal advice is beside the point. If the lawyer likes your case, the lawyer will take it on a contingency basis, you pay nothing until the matter is settled, and then the lawyer takes 30% to 40% of the money you recover.





If, on the other hand, you have a legal question, I do not believe any lawyer anywhere would give you free legal advice. You would pay by the hour. There are attorneys that do pro bono (for free) work, but again, it depends on your case.
the first words out of your mouth should be that question ,when you call his office,
Nope, when you call you will get a secretary who will schedule an appointment for you.
Most attorneys will offer you a free consultation and in most cases they may work with you in regards to payment
depends on how much advice you're asking for.
...nothin is free in this world....but mayb!
you can





but some might req you to come into the office.
I kind of wish I could get a plumber on a sliding fee scale. Instead I assume I should get the crappy one for a ';discounted'; price. I would call the courthouse and see what information I could from the clerk or ask that person if they could connect me to the D.A.'s office for further assistance. But I don't know?
No. You can make an appointment to meet with a lawyer. Many will see you for free for the first appointment. You will be informed of your options but you won't get free advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment