Monday, August 23, 2010

I have a court summons for non payment of CSA,should I get legal advice?

I need to know If I should get legal advice before going to court over non payment of child support?I have a court summons for non payment of CSA,should I get legal advice?
At the very least you should consult one, violation of CSA is serious.I have a court summons for non payment of CSA,should I get legal advice?
It is always best to get legal advice if you can afford it. But if you cannot, try going down to your local court house, they usually offer a free service help center. They provide information, paperwork, limited advice. They can be very helpful, just if you go prepare to spend at least 3 hours there. They should have a program that will figure out how much you actually owe. But what ever you do, do not ignore the summons, or they could make a decision without you there and your absence is like a consent (saying yes). Then all of a sudden you find money missing from your paycheck and it might be a lot more than you would ordinarily have taken. But really, if you can afford a lawyer, pay your support, its your child being hurt by your actions.
There are usually a few things that happen before being summoned into court, such as suspension of your drivers license. Once it has gone to the court, I would advise getting an attorney. The judge is not going to go easy on you for violating a court order.
yes, try free legal clinic's if money is the issue also if you lost your job bring proof with you to court.





How ever you should have been paying something they are your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment