Sunday, August 22, 2010

Where can I go to get unbiased financial advice on how to better manage my money?

I make over 100K per year yet I still live month-to-month. I need to find someone who can look over all my expenses and help me to formulate a plan for getting out of debt and saving money. I don't want to invest and I don't want to talk to someone who works on commission.Where can I go to get unbiased financial advice on how to better manage my money?
A great friend who is very good with money is who you should be talking too. I've helped a few of my really close friends with their finances and never once judged them on it. that's what close friends do for each other. Parents are sometimes still into parenting too much and have a fit over every little thing. But a close aunt or uncle might be better.





The best thing to do is put it all down on paper. Every single thing you owe and what every single bill comes up to nearly every month.


Rent or Mortgage- X amount of dollars due at X day in the month


Electric- X amount (on average) due on X day of the month


Water


Cable


Credit cards- Amount completely owed with pay off. Amount minimum due on x day of the month. Each should be labelled seperately.


Car payment- x amount on x day of week


Insurance


Gasoline


Go through your check book and find every expense you've doled out for the last two months.





Find out where your money is going. Most people get rent or mortgages that are simply too high for them. They think, oh with this pay i can afford X amount. But in doing so, you'll find yourself strapped more than necessary. Those same people also buy vehicles that they think their pay deserves to have, but it also straps them even more.





If it's an apartment, see what it takes to get out of the least and start looking for places that are 1/3rd of the cost less. Same with the vehicles. Looking fancy in a car that could make or break you in an economic crunch isn't worth while. With the amount of money you are earning, a 20,000 dollar vehicle would be in the right price range, i'd say nothing above 23,000 with taxes and licensing. Paying for a home should be around 1800 dollars or less per month. If you are paying more, it's why you are month to month still.





After you have your list of every expense... don't forget to add in hair or nails if you do that as well. How much are you spending yearly on clothing, food, furnishings?





Write out each and every paycheck you get and the amount it is in. Figure out a payment plan for all items and cut back where needed.





For an unbiased and free help, you can email me if you'd like. I'm always willing to help with finances. I've helped many get their lives back on track and saving money. good luck. Where can I go to get unbiased financial advice on how to better manage my money?
Are you in debt? I could probably figure out a monthly repayment plan and an estimate on how long it would take, but you would need to list all of your income and debts, including interest rates, and monthly bills. Just e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment