Monday, August 23, 2010

Is there anywhaere I can get free legal advice on child custody laws?

Im getting ready to leave my husband and I want to move with our daughter back to my home state Pennsylvania. Can I legally do that, and how do I get custody of her so that I can? And is there anywhere I can get free legal advice?Is there anywhaere I can get free legal advice on child custody laws?
I am not a lawyer, but will give you this knowledge from my research...


the state WHERE THE CHILD HAS NORMALLY LIVED is the legal state to determine custody. A lawyer is the only person who can define exactly if that is where you now are, or PA. It most likely is where you currently live.


2nd..each state has DIFFERENT LAWS relating to your rights to leave the state with the child and if it violates your husband's rights. YOU could be dealing with parental abduction, if the home state of the child has that law.


Bottom line is that you NEED TO DISCUSS IT WITH A LAWYER before you make any decisions.


Family law is tricky, and no one here can give you specifics as to what is / is not legal for your situation.


http://www.womenslaw.org/laws_state_type鈥?/a>


some tips are here...Is there anywhaere I can get free legal advice on child custody laws?
Unless you have a free law school family law clinic, there's really no place you can get free legal advice.





Of course, there's always the internet but you take your chances on the accuracy of information.
Talk to your state's Civil Legal Aid office. Talk to your nearest law school's Legal Clinic. Those are two places you can get free legal advice.
yahoo answers, of course. Everyone here is an expert, just ask them...
  • blackhead treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment