Monday, August 23, 2010

How can you get free legal advice?

I am in a bad situation with my ex and my soon to be child (due in a month). Everyone advises me to get a lawer, but I can't afford one. I can barely afford gas, food, and shelter. How do I go about getting legal advice/representation without money?How can you get free legal advice?
Check with the bar association for your state. Many times it will list attorneys willing to work pro bono or for a sliding fee. Also check womens advocacy groups as they will sometimes have attorneys available or be able to help with those expenses.How can you get free legal advice?
All attorneys do a certain amount of work ';pro bono'; or without charging. Most states have free legal assistance available to those who can't pay. If you need such in your area, call up any lawyer in the phone book, and ask who provides such services in your area. They'll tell you free of charge where you can get such services.
You didn't say what kind of bad situation you are in. There are hot lines for abuse located in the phone book. Go to your local Church, or any bigger church (Catholic Charities, etc.). They can give you help, or at least advise you on what to do or who to call.
there is something called legal aid in canada, i dont know where you live and what you options are.


call your courthouse, or a lawyer and ask them.


good luck and hope this helps
Post this question in the ';Politics %26amp; Government'; section under ';Law'; as well. There are some law students who post there that will be able to help you if someone else on here can not.





I am sorry I can not help you. I would if I could.
Call your state's BAR Association. They have lawyer who will help probono.

No comments:

Post a Comment