Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can I get some advice on a background check?

I am dealing with some small towm politics that are keeping me from achieving my life long dream of becoming a C.H.P. Officer.


Some local cops are saying things to inquiring background investigators that make me sound pretty bad. None of them are true. They have no proof, but I also don't have a way to prove them wrong. Besides, they are badged and I am only an academy graduate. My record (including driving) is totally spotless. Oh yeah, I have an ex wife that looks and sounds real sweet, but in reallity DOESN'T PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS! I know the deck is stacked, I get that. But I am a straight shooter, a great father, and I genuinly want to do the job to do my part to make the world (Or at least my beat) a safer place to live and drive. I did well in the academy, and seem to have great instincts, so where do I go from here? Any proffesional opinions would be MUCH appreciated.


Thank you for your time.Can I get some advice on a background check?
Background rule #1 - Never list anyone on your background that does not completely love you to death unless you have to.





Move out of your small hood, away from dipsh!t, smallville cops.





If you are a great father, than why are you divorced?





If you actually do wish to help your community, why aren't you helping it now - while you're not a cop?Can I get some advice on a background check?
if they have no proof to back up their claims of your being ';bad'; badged or not its not really going to affect the outcome especially if your academy records and skills show you can do the job as needed
Maybe they're just jealous of your good looks or something. I can't believe mere rumors or talk would exclude a person of your exemplary record.





If ex-wife is stirring up the rumor mill, then be sure you are seen as the bigger person and just say ';she has ISSUES and that's why she's an ex.'; enough said.





Good luck in your future as a CHP.
Well, I do agree with the first poster about there not being any solid concrete evidence against you....that should speak for itself.





However...in the world of law-enforcement, it is a pretty small world and backgrounds don't always just include things on paper. A lot of times interrogation into your character/personality/lifestyle/habits, etc come into play, as well. Yep.....they are asking a lot of things that certainly can be personal opinion and you really can't do a lot about it.





Hopefully you will have a person who does your backgrounds takes all of that into consideration. I would think they would look for patterns of opinions, as well (if everyone says the same things, etc) to prove if they are a reliable source of information.
  • blackhead treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment