Sunday, August 22, 2010

I am taking the Y!A advice and getting my jindo spayed. When is the best time to get this done?

Also what is the cost that I should be looking at? Are there services available that handles this procedure safe and cost effective?I am taking the Y!A advice and getting my jindo spayed. When is the best time to get this done?
I agree with jenn loves animals answer. Our vet neuters at 4 months though. she needs all her shots, and the cost here is about $100-150. I take mine to the Vet. You need to talk to your vet and find out what they suggest. They will set up and appointment and will walk you through the care.


Good luck and give her a kiss for me when she goes and then when she comes home after.I am taking the Y!A advice and getting my jindo spayed. When is the best time to get this done?
The best time is about three weeks before she would have a dog period. Then her hormones are about right. Check and compare your local vets, after all, you will need to get yearly vaccinations. I paid about $130 four years ago. :)
Good for you!!!! This should be done as early as possible. Usually 2 1/2 months is sufficient. There are local low-cost spay/neuter clinics available, they are very safe, and quite cost effective. Usually less than $100.00. Contact your local SPCA or animal shelter for more information.
look around online there are many organizations in all areas that offer low cost spay/neuter. its best to do it early, females before they go into their first heat, males at or slightly before 6 months. they are very standard procedures, its safe, and definetly look around.
I completely think a puppy should not be spayed before the first heat at least. There are health risks associated with spaying too young. The reason shelters push it is due to the alarming number of people who never show up again to get the pup altered, so they started taking it on themselves. While I understand the reasoning, I like to wait a bit longer if the choice is up to me. I spay at one year, sometimes longer. But then again I know to leash my dog and be with her every time she walks out the door! As for cost, check around, the prices can differ





Thank you for spaying!





Oh before I get a rash of thumbs down, in 35 years I've never had a single 'accidental' litter.
Good for you! 4 - 5 months is a good time to spay. Call your local animal shelter to find out if they offer low cost spay neuter clinics or know of someplace that does.





Cost depends on where you live. It can run anywhere from $75 to over $200 depending on where you have it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment